Saturday, January 16, 2010

Waterfront Festival...

Today I put on my volunteer hat and womaned the ABA feed and change tent at the Frankston Waterfront Festival. It was a lovely 31 degrees with a cool breeze. We had a constant stream of mums popping in to pop our their boobs and feed, was lovely being able to chat to these women.

I helped at the ABA tent for a few hours, then after they had a sleep Adam bought the kids down to check it all out. So check it out we did.

There was live bands, rides and a baby animal farm for the kiddies. There was beach volleyball going on (Adam was a bit disappointed that it was the men's when we went down to have a look) as well as some AMAZING food stalls, I had Indian for lunch, yummo, then I had my first crepe, a banana and nutella one...noice.

The baby animal farm had the cutest little black piglet there, I swear he was the size of a kitten and just beautiful (although I just realised I didn't get a pic of him). I did feel sorry for him though, when he was picked up by the lady running the farm and he started nuzzling in the crook of her elbow the way Stella did as a newborn searching for boobie. Poor little piggy wanted his mumma's boobies too. When I said "oh look, he wants boobies" to Xavier, the lady said, yes, but we are out of goats milk ...ummm but he's a PIG not a goat? Seems we aren't the only species to drink the milk of another....

Xavier and Stella were both rather taken with the rabbits, yah! Because I would love to have a pet rabbit once they get older, and once our cat and dog pass over, neither would be good with a pet bunny. I had one as a kid and loved him. His name was Bugs (original) we got him as a 6 week old baby and he was house trained (he used kitty litter). He was HUGE, white and lovely.


We also had some ice cream. And now that Stella is eating real people food, she felt it was only fair that she had some ice cream too. She loved it, I ended up handing over the end of mine to her just to stop the tantrum that was brewing.

Yvette was missing her own children (who are grown and who were meeting her later in the day) so reminded me instead that I would get burnt if I didn't put some sunscreen on. Luckily she had some on her (always the mum... mine was in the nappy bag, just to clarify I'm not some neglectful non sun screening mother) But Yvette was right I did get burnt. Nothing too serious, but there is some pink on my arm and chest, and I have super cool sunglasses marks.... lovely.

I had a lovely day, talking to breastfeeding mums, handing out information to pregnant mums and spending time down the foreshore with the kids and Adam. And even he enjoyed himself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment