Friday, January 8, 2010

I hate being hot..

I know, I know beauty is such a curse... but alas, this time I'm not lamenting my stunning good looks oh no, its the heat. Literally. I hate summer. And last summer when I was enormously pregnant on those 40 plus days... I really really hated it.

Yes we have air con, yes its pumping, but I'm still hot. And short of running around in the razz,which isn't an unheard of idea in this house... I'm just going to have to suck it up.

What annoys me even more is that hubby and the kids love being outdoors and hell of all hells they love the beach. In one sense we are lucky that we are a mere 1o minute drive from a pretty good beach, but with me hating it the way I do,Ii don't see the luck there at all.

Adam has already decided that tonight once it cools down a bit we are going to head down for the kids to have a splash, if its not too windy (*kint prays for wind to pick up*) and well, lets be honest, I'm not excited about the idea myself.

There are many reasons i hate the beach.

1. SAND. I hate the stuff. It gets into places you didn't even know you had, the kids eat it, ewwww, dogs shit in it (then the kids eat,double ewwww) and well, its hot and hard to walk on.

2. SEAWEED. That stuff is just wrong. I don't touch it, I certainly don't want it touching me and I definitely don't want to eat it.

3. I'M FAT! There I said it. Its probably the main reason I hate the beach so very much. And why I enjoy being pregnant so much, I have an excuse. Although thinking back to days long gone when I was a skinny bitch (yes I was, when I was young..ahhh reminisce) I still hated the beach. Maybe because even at a teeny size 8 I still thought I was indeed fat. Oh to be THAT fat again.

The last time I went to the beach before that was BC (before children) to walk the dog at Adam's instance, and I was shocked, hurt and rather pissed off when someone commented direct to my face that "whales belong out there, not up here on the sand!" Adam never heard it, as he was running along the waters edge with the dog, and I have never before even shared that with anyone else. But each time i go to the beach, or in a pool, or even NEAR either of these things, i just wait for the comments.

But as I'm a good wife (most of the time) and a wonderful mother, I have recently sucked it up and gone. The last time we went was OK. The kids had a ball.. Xave walked all the way to the Pier and back (a huge walk for a little dude) and Stella crawled around eating sand. I also got some great pics of the kids that day...


2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this! I loathe the beach, as does Eale, mainly because of the sand.

    Oh and I can relate to the "oh to be that fat again".

    Have you read any of the fat acceptance stuff online? I found it helped a lot, I'm not as self conscious as I was at the pool before.

    The Last Socially Acceptable Prejudice

    Article About What Fat Doesn't Mean

    Accepting Fat, An Healthier Alternative To Fat Hatred

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really surprised Emma didn't point out the beach hating comments in this article to me .. because I hate beaches too! If you guys come down to visit us, we can send Emma, Adam and the kids off to the beach by themselves and we can escape the horror!

    ReplyDelete