Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Real food starts now...

Stella was 11 months yesterday... and was still eating that rubbish puree crap. And not even home made puree crap, oh no, lazy mumma here... jar puree crap.

I'm not sure how we got to that point. I had plans of baby led solids, she was going to eat family food from day 1, and well.. she did kind of. Her first food was a sandwich she thieved from Adam's mouth while he was holding her at 5.5 months. She chowed down on fruit, bread, and other goodies.

But at some point we reverted back to jars. I guess we were eating stuff that wasn't really appropriate for her, and well, lazy mumma strikes again, couldn't be bothered cooking 2 meals. So of late she has been having weetbix and fruit for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and a jar of something for tea. She doesn't have the really pureed stuff, she has the 10-15 months one that has small chunks, but in all honestly is far to mush for my liking. And it reflects in her nappies. That stuff comes out looking just like it does going in.. not a good sign. She also has morning and afternoon tea and pretty much shares whatever Xave is having... as I have mentioned previously, he likes to share with her.

I had tried to get her onto real food a while back, and she did OK for a few days, then started teething and completely refused to eat. She does not cope well with teething, you know being a drama queen and all. So back to mush we went.

But after her completely defacing another of my lovely new petite cloth nappies (which if you want some buy from me) I decided that enough was enough. Tonight, Stella was eating real food. No more jars, she is going to eat what we eat. If its good enough for us, its good enough for her. So tonight we had noodles, egg noodles with chicken and some other bits and pieces.. and she inhaled it. She ate more than Xavier did, then as a special treat, she got to have peaches and custard with her brother and Daddy.

A very cute monkey in her petite nappies..

I figure her breakfast and lunch is OK, its just dinner we needed to work on. So lets hope we can keep it going. And lets hope, her nappies reflect positively her change in diet.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you with the jar food reflecting in the nappy. We have the same issue. She usually has the same as us at nite but if we have a lazy night and cant be bothered cooking i relent and give her a jar... and then suffer more then next day when its back to haunt me... But i tell you, no more jars in my house as im not letting the jars ruin her new funky BBH nappy's

    ReplyDelete