Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So I discovered I got an award...

From my good friend Sazz...there is a badge but it wont load for some reason


The rules are to share 10 honest facts about myself then give the award to 7 other bloggers who inspire me.

1. I hated my name until I was about 22. I wanted to change it to Mary-Jane because that was the MOST boring name I could think of. I actually used this as my pub name when I was younger.. boys: "hi, whats you're name?"me: "mary-jane" lol Now I LOVE it and would love nothing more than someone I know to use it for their daughter..

2. I am very much scared of cows. They completely freak me out. When I lived at home on 10 acres, if the cows were in the driveway, I would call mum and make her walk down to open the gate because I was too scared. If she wasn't home, I would go back out.

3. I used to work at McDonalds and i freaking loved it. We had so much fun, all the time. Despite the shitty hours, doing a close was always my favourite shift.

4. I did the nestle boycott for the week, but haven't bought Milo since or eaten any nestle chocolate. I cannot believe I have done so well. Well I haven't knowingly eaten it.

5. I used to be in baby shows all the time as a child. Before I became a big sister at 5, I had a whole room filled with shelves for all my trophies and sashes.

6. I cried at my last baby show, and thus won princess of the day. I was 4, almost 5.

7. I once put Xave in a baby show, and he won nothing. I wanted to cry. Seems I am one of 'those' parents who thinks her kid is beautiful but they really aren't. Now I am too scared to take Stella, because I KNOW she is beautiful and I'm scared they will ruin that illusion for me too.

8. I don't eat green food. Actually I don't eat many vegetables at all, I eat potato, corn, mushrooms and sweet potato.

9. I find blowing my nose in the shower satisfying.

10. I once told a class of year 7 boys that if they masturbated their penis's would fall off. some believed me. I did correct them before they left the class, but I did enjoy watching them squirm and worry for an entire lesson.

So the blogs I am going to pass this award along to, in no particular order are;

1. Holly and I have never met, although I do hope to play with her when I am in Sydney. She is one of my BabyCenter gang. I love reading her blog, she is clever and witty and warm. Plus she says really nice stuff about me all the time.

2. Ebony who is another BC girl from way back. She is brave, strong and upfront. You always know where you stand with Ebz, and her recent good news is just awesome. She is our latest Urban Legend.

3. Emma another BC girl. Em is responsible for bringing out the inner hippy in me. It is because of Emma that I use cloth nappies and breastfeed. She leads me down her path therefore I am her clone.

4. Leesa is a new friend of mine. Its amazing how the new people who have come into my life have done nothing but make me happy and bring new people into my life.

5. Nat one more BC girl who just blows my mind. If you have ever felt like your TTC journey has been hard, check out Nat's story. How she find it to keep going back for more never ceases to amaze me. Any child brought into that home by whatever means will be so blessed and loved.

6. Sarah is one of the happiest, friendliest people I know. She is so warm and welcoming and just a joy to be near. Let's hope she can teach me to be as clever as her at some point.

7. Jen is amazing. Another of my new friends from 2009 and someone I am so lucky to know. I watch Jen and wish I could be more like her. Her warmth, gentleness and compassion shine through.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Kint :)
    Damn you have 26 followers now I have 2 lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get 26 followers already? (just a bit jelous here, lol)
    I loved reading this. Can't believe you're afraid of cows, I LOVE cows, they're gorgeous creatures.
    I worked at KFC and close was my fav too ;)
    I entered Jack in a baby contest when he was about 3mths, he got a trophy and 3 ribbons, these awards almost turned me into one of those obsessed with comps type mums!
    Where does the award pop up? I can't see on mine. Oh and I can't believe you want to be more like me! *blush* I can't believe ANYONE would want to be like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the award is just a pic, but mine wont show up, you copy and paste it to your own blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yanno... I just planted the ideas, you did all the hard work :)

    ReplyDelete