Sunday, January 24, 2010

mmmm babies babies everywhere...

...and before anyone gets excited I have not conceived the messiah... my tubes are tied, I am done with babies, but I am loving being at that age where all my friends are still reproducing.

Today I went with a good friend (E) to visit another good friend (J) and her first born son. He is just lovely. All small and squishy and delicious. She informed us that we arrived just as she had completed cleaning up an explosive poo, vomit and wee... gotta love little boys, so we were greeted with a lovely clean happy bubba.

The best bit for me, apart from the lovely cuddles, was seeing J actually looking very much at ease with a newborn. J is quite well known for her personal space issues, I didn't dare kiss or hug her on my arrival, I was too scared after being told she would thump me if I touched her pregnant belly. But to see her looking so much at ease with this little man was beautiful. J who really isn't all that into babies, has been bitten by the baby bug, by her own little precious baby bug and it was divine.

I was also just a little bit chuffed that I was able to help her get him attached without pain. He had done a bit of damage to her poor nipples but by talking her through baby led attachment and chanting at her chest to chest, chin to breast, she got him on and was comfortable. I recall those early days of feeding pain, until the wonderful LC came and sorted Stella and I out quick smart. I will be forever grateful to her.

Then later this afternoon I got a text message announcing the very early arrival at 28 weeks of another friends twin girls. Mum is naturally in shock, but the girls are in NICU and doing well as far as I can gather. Its going to be a long road for them and I wish there was something I could do. I really do feel helpless. I am not religious, so I do not pray, but if any of you do, please pray for 2 very special little girls and their family, who are religious. I will instead keep them in my thoughts and try to find something I can do to help.

For the record, I also have a cousin, sister-in-law to be and 2 close friends expecting this year... I'm tipping I will be adding to that 2 more rainbow crew who are trying to pro create, and a friend who has been trying for years, surely its her time in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. from your lips to sky fairy's ears ;)

    got all teary at your baby led attachment assistance, very cool you got to make a difference, go kinty!

    ReplyDelete