Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wednesday 30th November

Ok, so I'm already slightly behind on the promise of daily bogs while were are away, but trust me, the way my brain was operating yesterday, you so didn't want to even read the dribble that may have come out.

Was a busy day, but not really doing much if that makes sense. Drive the the airport was long and boring, there was rain in Melbourne, which meant everyone had suddenly forgotten how to drive.  Who knows why, its not like it doesn't rain in Melbourne all the freaking time.

Checking in was really stress free, bags were checked right through to London, meaning that we didn't need to collect bags in Sydney and re-check in. YAH! We then headed to trusty Maccas for a crappy breakfast. I was starving. Kids were happy with pink milk and hotcakes to share. Flight from Melbourne to Sydney was delayed due to the plane being hit by lightning on the flight down, but the engineers assured us that it was all fine to take us on the first leg of our journey.

The seating arrangement on the Melbourne-Sydney flight was not ideal. We had 3 and 1, and I was surprised that Adam offered to sit with the kids while I sat alone. ahhhhh. I'll be honest and say that I was expecting Xavier to be a bit of a nightmare on our travels, but he was perfect. Stella. however, was a freaking nightmare on this first leg. She wriggled, she complained, she cried. Panic began to set it. I'm sure it didn't help that it was a really rough flight with the Melbourne weather, meaning that both Adam and I felt awful during the entire flight as well as for some hours afterwards. I wasn't sure if my head wanted to explode or if I wanted to spew. So I can only imagine how she was feeling if we were feeling so bad from it all.

There was a courtesy bus from the domestic terminal to international in Sydney which was handy and check-in was easy. Although we had booked 4 seats together, we were placed in 2 and 2 in subsequent rows. Initially we were not impressed with this arrangement, however, in hindsight, we think it actually worked better. It meant the kids were separated from each other which limited fighting ability. Once checked in we headed to trusty maccas once again, we were planning on eating something else, but the seduction of their playground was too strong, plus the kids needed to run. 

Sydney to Hong Kong was pretty stress free. Adam took some anti nausea tablets as he felt really bad and i bought some rescue remedy lollies for me and the kids that seemed to help. Or perhaps they were a placebo, either way the flight went well. Both kids napped on the plane and I sat back and watched some movies I had been wanting to see for ages. The Inbetweeners and Bad Teacher for those who care.

Sadly no pics of today's adventures, the whole she-bang was so overwhelming that it didn't occur to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment