Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thursday 15th December

Once again my knees were aching and Adam was desperate to do the lonely planet walking tour of London, so I told him to go. We all got the bus into Kingston and the kids and I headed to the play center (again, no really, this time they gave me a loyalty card) while Adam jumped on the train into London.

The kids played, I read. We snacked, we drank. The phone rang. Grandma & Grandad were lunching nearby and were hoping to be able to come and visit us that afternoon. Sure. No problem. Except the house looks like a bomb had gone off in it. The kids were getting ratty and were tired, so I messaged Adam to tell him we were heading home, I would do a quick tidy and that his parents were coming over.

When we got home the kids flopped in the beanbags with their iPads and zoned out. I put things away as best I could while wanting to just curl up and nap myself. Grandma & Grandad came over, I made them tea, they entertained the kids for a bit. Adam got home not long before they were about to leave. They were going to the airport in the morning to meet my sister in law Sarah, and I did suggest that they might like to take a child for the night and to the airport in the morning. I had no doubt that Sarah would have loved to see one or both of the kids there to meet her, however, they must have been able to smell my desperation and declined.

I attempted to cook honey mustard chicken for dinner (out of a jar that in Australia is delicious) and it was disgusting. Couldn't even eat it, it was so bad. So instead Adam had cereal and I had garlic bread for dinner. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment