Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thursday 8th December

To celebrate being here an entire week, we stayed at home and did absolutely nothing.

The thought of taking the kids out too far was too much to comprehend and I had blogs to catch up on, both reading and writing. I did suggest after lunch that perhaps we could take the kids the local pool for a swim (indoor of course) but Adam wasn't really keen on that idea. So we stayed home, ate toast and vegged out.

I did spend an extended period of time sitting on the toilet. Mainly because there was the most adorable squirrel sitting on a bird feeding on the neighbours yard eating coconut from the shells that had been hung there. Seriously, I'm starting to believe I have a squirrel issue.  They may actually be cuter than meerkats. Or I could just have 2 favourties, yeah?

Adam got himself organised to head to see Bryan Adams with his brother and I got a very complex dinner of baked beans for the kids with the plan or ordering myself some Indian from the place at the end of our street.

The kids were tired and annoying. They were eating slow, poking each other and just generally carrying on. I was on the final countdown to get them into bed and wishing we had taken them swimming to wear them out a bit more.

Finally they slept and I ordered my dinner. Butter chicken is not what I am used to. It was yellow and well, buttery. There was no spice to it at all and not even a hint of tomato. It was nice enough, but not something I will order here again.

Adam called from the concert during our first dance song, its the first Bryan Adams concert he has been to without me since we got together, so it was sweet that he thought of me.

I spent the evening laying on the couch, reading, watching TV and drinking Rekorderlig ciders.

No comments:

Post a Comment