Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sunday 11th December

Knowing the my in-laws were going to be coming over at some point today, I figured that I had better tidy up a little. Adam tends to go insane cleaning when his mum is coming over, I'm a bit more relaxed, but the place really did look like a bomb had hit. Which in all honesty is bound to happen in such a small space with 2 small kids and all the associated crap that goes with them.

I sorted recycling. Here the recycling is collected weekly, but the general rubbish is only collected fortnightly. There is also an option of having a food scrap bin as well as a cardboard bag. Interesting. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of problems would be presented if you had a baby in disposable nappies. The rubbish bins that are collected fortnightly aren't as big as our in Australia, so would fill with nappies pretty quickly, however, without a dryer, using cloth nappies to save on rubbish would be near impossible. But I digress.

I also put the lego that Teresa's mum had very kindly lent to us into a big bowl so the kids could play with it easier than in the plastic bag it was in. I also folded all the kids clothes, AGAIN, they seem to have developed a nightly game of laying all their clothes flat on the floor of their room in order to have a picnic there. *sigh*

It was lucky that I did the mad dash around, as just as I was walking back into the sitting room to relax I saw them walking up the path. They had tried to text but for some reason it wouldn't work.

The kids were so excited to see Grandma and Grandad. They kissed and cuddles. Grandad and Xavier coloured in and played lego. Stella was, for the first time since we arrived here, rather pleasant.

By the time Grandma and Grandad left it was too late to go anywhere so we hang around at home and waited for Daddy to get back from Ireland. Daddy was home slightly later than expected, however, he did bring several surprises with him. A leprechaun (that daddy has named Finnigan and Seamus) each for the kids and Uncle David and Aunty Teresa. I do believe that a new rule is going to be implemented in this house. If Aunty Teresa is coming to visit so close to bedtime and is going to razz up the children, she will be asked to take them with her and get them to sleep at a reasonable hour. It was after 10 before they had calmed down enough to actually sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment