Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What makes me happy...

Rah! Did I scare you? I know I have been AWOL for quite some time now, busy doing everything and nothing all at once.. but to get me back into the swing of things, I thought a quick blog about 10 things that make me happy might be the way to go....

Oh and a warning, there may be talk of sex and other girly things here, so consider yourself warned...

1. The way Stella's lips pout when she is telling someone off.... It makes me just want to kiss that adorable face of hers.

2. How soft the nape of Xavier's neck is, and that he still lets me kiss him there... there will come a time when he no longer giggles when I do this, so I'm going to do it while I can get away with it. Oh and his ear lobes, my son has the softest ear lobes, gets it from his daddy... whose ears I'm quite partial too also.

3. Giant Jaffas... need I say more?

4. Bags. Handbags, Nappy bags, shopping bags (the reusable ones not the plastic ones)... and in all honesty the thrill of the chase for the perfect bag is much more satisfying than the buying of said bag...

5. Morning sex. Again need I say more? As much as I HATE mornings, I am not a morning person at all, but a little bit of sleepy loving of a morning, on the rare occasion we are up before the kids.. bliss. One day, they will both sleep over somewhere (or sleep in) and we can have the best of both worlds again, a sleep in and morning sex.

6. When I know advice I have offered regarding breastfeeding, helps the person who asked.

7. Actually, breastfeeding as a whole. I love it, I love that Stella has grown up on mumma's milk, I love that its something only I can do for her, I love that she nods enthusiastically when asked before bed if she wants booby in the booby chair and I love her new trick of coming off the breast just to reach up to kiss me and stroke my face, before returning to her feed. And what I love most of all, is that I have come to realise that this breastfeeding relationship that Stella and I share has healed the wounds of not feeding Xavier for as long as I had hoped; and boy does it feel GREAT to be able to let go of that one.

8. That Adam supports me in my role as a mother. He isn't always perfect, neither am I, but his desire for me to be at home raising our children is matched only by my own desire to be here for them. Yes we go without some things others have, but whats more important is that our children don't go without us. Despite the fact that I often threaten to put them into daycare and go back to work, we both know I never would.

9. The last day of my period. This is the thing I hate most about being a girl. I love boobs, I don't mind the booty, but the periods... ARGH I hate them, so on that last day, when I know its so close to being over is awesome.

10. Where the universe has taken me. I'm not the person I thought I was going to be and I don't give a rats arse either. I'm doing things, seeing things, learning things I never imagined for myself. The universe has a plan for me, things that hurt at the time, happened to bring me closer to where I was supposed to be and while the pain was intense, I appreciate that I can now see it for what it was.

7 comments:

  1. oh i love jaffas too... u can keep the morning sex... ewww talk about make me feel sick hahah too much movement first thing in the morning is not a good thing lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Kint....I might try find 10 things I like too!! I like sex anytime..... i would be a sex freak if it hadnt hurt me bad for the last 4 years....hopefully all back to normal and I can sex it up all day every day hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO I literally laughed out loud at that opening line :)

    I'm with you on #3 and #5 and 6 :)

    #10, very cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you number 6'ed me many times last year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. number 10.....Had having trouble ttc not hurt, you would never have met Ebby, had you not met her, you would never have met me ;) Had your bf relationship with Xave not hurt you, you may never have attended aba(same as if I didn't feel the need to go) and we may never have met our other great mates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and Holly....I totally just quickly scrolled back up to check if no.6 was the "morning sex" one!! lmao

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMFAO at Jen going back to see what kind of number 6ing i was doing to holly...bahahahaha

    ReplyDelete